Monday, July 27, 2009

Tangy Crumble

A customer called up on the restaurant landline and asked for the Manager. He wanted to complain about a bad dining experience at our central Delhi outlet. He told me he’d gone to have a quick lunch and had ordered chicken pasta in a red wine sauce. He found the chicken to be under cooked and reported the same to the manager who didn’t do anything about it. Also, while leaving he had taken away a slice of apple crumble. On reaching home he found the apple crumble to be very tangy. Disgusted at the experience he decided to call me and complain.

I promised to check on this and call him back. I called up the Central Delhi outlet manager who told me that the customer had finished his food and told him about his issue only during billing. I asked him to check on the apple crumble, which he called back to report as being normally tangy.

I called the customer back. I reported that I’d checked with the manager at our central Delhi outlet and that he remembered the incident. I told him that we encouraged our customers to tell us if a dish was not up to the mark when they took the first bite.

As everything is freshly prepared it can be fixed. Unfortunately in this case the clearance was already done and the complaint was made only during billing. We’ve also checked the apple crumble, which is tangy as it should be since we use tangy green apples for it and add some lemon juice as well.

I added that if in the future he felt that something was not up to the mark he should let us know while he was still eating so the dish could be corrected/replaced.

He said that his wife was a teacher at a hotel management institute and even she’d found the crumble too tangy. I told him that recipes differ and ours was a variation that was very popular with our customers.

No comments: